Serving Alcoholic Beverages at UCI Sponsored Events
Are you planning an event where alcoholic beverages will be served? Below are some steps to hosting a safe and legal event. All UCI Sponsored Events that include the service of alcoholic beverages must be in compliance with UCI Alcohol Policy, Section 900-13 and California State Law.
What are the steps to have alcohol service approved for my event?
- Event Location Approver & Approving Authority must be signed
- For outdoor events on University premises, include a detailed diagram of the location where alcohol will be served that shows:
- Layout of alcohol service area with approximate dimensions
- Barricade parameters
- Clearly marked entrance and exit pathways. Signs stating “no alcohol beyond this point” must be posted at all exits.
2. Hospitality & Dining will review the Alcohol Request Form and will contact you for further instructions
- If there will be a sale of alcohol and ABC One Day license will be required, contact Hospitality & Dining to assist with this process
3. Submit required documents and wait for approval
California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC)
Citations from California Law Related to Alcoholic Beverages
3 Steps for a Successful UCI Event with Alcoholic Beverage Service
How to Obtain Required Licenses to Sell Alcoholic Beverages at UCI Events